Wednesday 18 September 2024

Old Nun's Prayer




Old Nun’s Prayer

I am growing older and one day will be old. 

I intend to speak my mind at every opportunity.

And give people the benefit of my wisdom – I’m older than they are and know better.

Dictatorial and perfectionist is better than bland, neutral and dull.

It’s probably a good idea not to alienate people, but I’m not going to accept any rubbish they spout.

Let me hang on to the details – nobody else does.

I’m allowed to moan from time to time like everybody else. Tit for tat – I’ll listen to others.

If I can remember what happened when others can’t, I’m going to point it out. I’ll do my research as usual.

If I disagree I’ll say so, and I’m not going to do everything you want just because I’m old and I need to stay in everybody’s good books.

When it comes to humans, expect the unexpected.

(Found on an old computer, 2024)

No comments:

Post a Comment