Saturday 4 July 2009

Serious Limericks


Night Scene
There's a slow tolling bell in the dark
As the keepers are clearing the park.Like a desert, it's bare;
And each tree and each chair
Is a blurred indeterminate mark.
Gavin Ewart

There was an old Russian called Lenin
Who did one or two million men in.
That's a lot to have done in,
But, where he did one in,
That old Russian Stalin did ten in.
Victor Gray

Once a Raven from Pluto's dark shore
Bore the singular news 'Nevermore'.
Twas of fruitless avail
To ask further detail,
His reply was the same as before.
Anthony Euwer

The other young chaps in my dorm
Are all forcing me to conform
I thought it would be
The done thing to be free –
Just call me Societal Norm.
Lucy Fisher

We’re all in the same situation
Whatever your interpretation.
You’ve a ticket to ride,
But free will is denied, 
You alight at your predestination.
LF

“It’s childish to think that we’re free!”
My friends all pronounce with much glee.
In a cosmical dance
There’s time, choice and chance
For me and for Bobby McGee.
LF


More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment